HawkMtn Labs, (HML) is a second generation, Independent Environmental Testing Laboratory. HML has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 1985. We attribute our sustained growth to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently searching for an Environmental Field Sampler to work out of our Wilkes Barre PA location. Our Field samplers are responsible for ground water/soil sampling plus operation and maintenance of auto-sampler systems and field equipment, documentation and logging in samples.
Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills, must be organized and outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment, with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
Duties: Duties / Responsibilities include:
– Gathering environmental data by collecting soil, water, and other samples to quality assurance/ quality control (QA/QC) procedures when obtaining data.
– Written documentation of field data in detail. Performing regular maintenance of auto-samplers and field equipment at remote locations.
– Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical malfunctions associated with field equipment.
– Working independently from written work descriptions without direct onsite supervision.
– Use of basic computer software to enter field data and observations through the LIMS system (LIMS will be on the job training).
– Understanding of and adherence to environmental regulations and procedures.
– Field testing including pH, Conductivity, temperature, DO, and other specified tests.
– Maintaining the reputation of the company by being prompt and professional.
– Contributing to team effort by completing tasks efficiently and on time; able to provide professional communications with clients, state regulators, peers, and manager; able to interact courteously with the public.
– Operation and proper maintenance of a company vehicle, cell phone and any other equipment.
– Must be able to drive safely in various conditions and must be able to follow street maps.
-Requires good customer relations skills. The field sampler person is often the first impression for a company when interacting with the public and clients.
– Must be detail oriented, mechanically inclined, diligent, can work independently and as a part of a team.
– A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position.
Years experience preferred: ?0-5
Previous experience with environmental sampling is preferred but not necessary.
Applicants should e-mail email@example.com a copy of their resume along with a completed application which can be found on our website under the Download Forms tab.